How to clean a challenging skylight.
Welcome back Blue Sky!
This week we received a call from a client who wanted us to clean a challenging skylight in his Garden. He sent us a couple of photos and some videos showing the state of it. In order for us to see if it was possible to clean it.
When we look at the photos closely we have noticed the poor condition of the frame, guttering and glass of the skylight. And according to what we saw, it was not feasible to do this cleaning.
In addition to the inconvenience found related to the difficult access, poor state of the frames, how high it was, the customer told me that no one had touched this skylight for 30 years.
The client insisted that we come check this out and try to do our best. He told us that the only thing he wanted was to have his coffee every morning on his terrace and look at the sky enjoying the views.
Understanding his reasons and wishes we went to check everything. We spent a long time trying to find a good angle to set a ladder and clean the skylight from there.
We’ve found the safe way and we start cleaning this challenging skylight with our long brush. The truth is that after a little time calculating and cleaning, our client’s face has made us very happy. The only thing he wanted was his coffee under his skylight, something so simple but so precious for him.
I hope the weather is good and that our client can continue enjoying his coffee and his views.
Have a look here to what the happy customer said.
Frequently asked questions related to cleaning challenging skylights:
- What are some common challenges when cleaning skylights?
- Skylights are often difficult to access, especially if they are located high up or in a hard-to-reach area.
- The shape and angle of skylights can make it difficult to clean all areas effectively.
- Skylights can accumulate dirt, dust, and debris over time, making them harder to clean and potentially causing damage to the glass.
- Can I clean a skylight myself?
- Cleaning a skylight can be a challenging and potentially dangerous task, especially if you need to use a ladder or climb onto the roof. It’s recommended to hire a professional window cleaning company with experience cleaning skylights.
- What cleaning solution should I use to clean a skylight?
- It’s best to use a gentle, non-abrasive cleaning solution that won’t damage the glass. A solution of water and mild soap, or a specialized glass cleaner, can be effective.
- How often should I clean my skylight?
- The frequency of cleaning will depend on factors such as the location of the skylight, the amount of dirt and debris it accumulates, and the weather conditions in your area. As a general rule, it’s a good idea to have your skylight cleaned at least once a year to prevent buildup.
- Can a dirty skylight cause damage?
- Yes, a dirty skylight can potentially cause damage to the glass over time. Dirt, dust, and debris can scratch the glass, and buildup of debris can cause leaks or other issues.
- What is the best way to maintain a clean skylight?
- Regular maintenance, such as cleaning and inspecting for damage, can help keep your skylight in good condition. It’s also a good idea to trim any overhanging branches or foliage that may be contributing to the buildup of debris on the skylight.
Hand cleaning specialist uxddsing ladders. With our ladders we can clean up to a second floor. Cleaning from inside for higher windows, alternatively ..
We will be happy to check and clean the gutters and down-pipes of your house. We usually clean by hand up to a second floor. And for higher gutters…
For those surfaces in your home also affected by the daily use, we offer the pressure washing service for bricks, concrete floors, fences, etc…